Saturday, December 31, 2011

Roses and Raspberries of 2011


Seeing as it’s the end of 2011, I figured this an appropriate time to reflect back on the happenings of the year.  So here they are, folks, my very own roses and raspberries of 2011:


Roses to being an RA
Roses to student teaching.  I can’t imagine a better career choice: your students think you’re way cooler than you actually are, you get all sorts of notes, pictures and presents, you laugh every single day, and there is nothing like the energy you get from spending your day with 8 year-olds. 

Roses to being an RA at Corban University, the girls in my hall, and my RA team.  I never thought I’d be an RA, never planned on being an RA, but I’m so glad the opportunity landed in my path. 

Roses to beginning the final year of college!  A mere 4 months separate me and my diploma.

Raspberries to broken hearts.  Cheers to being smarter next time! 

Roses to spending the summer in Costa Rica
Roses to spending my summer with Royal Servants in Costa Rica instead of at the grocery store washing lettuce and rotating apple displays. 

Raspberries to the tarantulas encountered in Costa Rica. 

Raspberries at my failed attempt to run a marathon… maybe 2012?
  
Roses to being asked to be the Maid of Honor in my beautiful, best friend’s wedding. 
Raspberries to teaching licensing tests


Raspberries to the excessive testing, work samples, and loopholes necessary for teacher licensing. 

Roses to passing my first teacher licensing exam.

Roses to finally finding the infamous “gum wall” in Seattle. 


Roses to awesome housemates

Raspberries to a slightly disappointing Husky football season.  That final loss at the Alamo Bowl was the last straw… how does a defense give up 777 yards?! 

Roses to having mascara run down my face and a sore stomach from laughing everyday with my 4 housemates.  I am blessed by my friends.

Roses to writing a blog post that received over 100 views!  (“No Material Things?!”)  And by association, roses to YOU who read these blogs.


Here’s to a new, fresh, and blessed 2012.  May your New Year be filled with more roses than raspberries. 












No comments:

Post a Comment